Covid-19 Safety Plan
COVID-19 Safety Plan
Two Birds Deli is committed to keeping our community safe and healthy. Our COVID safety plan has been completed according to the guidelines set by WorkSafe BC and Interior Health. We continue to monitor the situation closely, ensuring we are following the best practices and operating in accordance with the Public Health Officer. Please read below to find out what we have put in place in our establishment, and for addition resources from WorkSafe BC and Interior Health.
Identified the risks in our facility of both proximity and contact surfaces for both staff and customers.
Implemented protocols to minimize transmission:
- Established and posted occupancy limits.
- Offer take-out only at this time in order to eliminate dine-in furniture and allow for sufficient physical distancing.
- Arranged our merchandise in order to allow for maximum physical distancing.
- Installed barriers at point of sale when physical distancing between staff and customers can’t be maintained.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for staff and customers.
- Ensured adequate hand-washing facilities are available.
- Encouraged tap payment as the preferred method of payment.
- Provided hand sanitizer for customers.
- Increased sanitation practices, including developing cleaning schedules and checklists with increased and proper sanitation of high touch surfaces such as door handles, debit/credit machines, light switches, and displays.
Developed policies to ensure that staff and those exhibiting symptoms of COVID are prohibited from entering the workplace:
- Ensure that staff stay home when experiencing any cold, flu, or COVID symptoms.
- Staff who become ill at work must go home immediately, and contact their primary care provider or 8-1-1. Any surfaces this worker came in contact with will be sanitized.
- Anyone returning from outside of Canada or who has had direct contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate at home and monitor for symptoms.
Developed communication pansl:
- Posted signage including occupancy limits, handwashing practices, physical distancing, merchandise handling, and stating that anyone who is ill may not enter the store.